Tennis Guidelines 2021
As of May 22, 2021 the tennis courts are open for both singles and doubles play!
Just a reminder, that those wishing to play will be expected to have paid the membership fee.
Tennis Canada has established guidelines for players and for operations and we will be following them.
- We will continue to use the online booking process with a rolling 7-day in advance booking time. This online booking can be done from our website - click here for more information
- Members may still have guests play, with no fees charged this year.
- Please remember to lock the gate when you leave.
Before Game Guidelines:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use your own washroom before coming out, as the pool house washrooms will not be available
- Bring your own water bottle from home, as the water fountain will not be available
- Arrive as close as possible to your time slot
- Keep a 2-metre distance from the court entrance, to allow players to leave the courts
- Sanitize your hands at the entrance to the courts to unlock the tennis gate. Members and guests are encouraged to bring their own bottles. The BPHA will have some sanitizer at the gate.
- Bring all equipment from home, and place markings on your tennis balls
- Consider wearing a mask while playing, or proceeding to and from the courts.
- If you cough or sneeze, do so in your sleeve
- If you feel unwell, exhibit any covid-19 symptoms, have been in contact with someone who has covid-19, we ask that you stay home.
During Play Guidelines
- Do not share equipment with your playing partner
- Keep a 2-metre distance with other players
- Avoid all physical contact with other players, such as shaking hands
- Avoid touching your face after handling a ball, racquet or when you hit the ball to another player
- Stay on your side of the court - it is recommended that players not switch sides of the court
- Use 2 cans of balls with distinct markings to differentiate them, and only handle the balls that are yours; Use new balls on a regular basis.
- If you need to send a ball back to your opponent use your racquet or your foot to kick it over. Avoid picking it up with your hand.
After Play Guidelines
- Leave the court when your scheduled time is up, do not continue to play during the buffer time
- Lock the Gate if there are no players waiting
- Sanitize your hands
- Consider spraying your tennis balls with a disinfectant spray
We thank you in advance for following the new guidelines and your understanding at this time.
Enjoy your game!