1. Members and their guests must sign in for each visit. Guests are permitted only when a member who remains present for the duration of the visit accompanies them. See Guest Policy.
2. Swimmers must shower before entering the water and comply with all Ontario Public Health Act and Regulations, which are posted at the Recreation Centre.
3. Children 8 years old and under must be supervised by a member who is 13 years or older while on Recreation Centre property; this includes lessons, crafts and special events.
4. Instructions from BPHA lifeguard staff must be complied with. One long whistle blast means ‘emergency’; everyone must clear the pool area immediately and in an orderly fashion.
5. Children 5 and under must remain within arms’ reach of a supervising adult (13 or older) at all times.
6. Children using a flotation device must be accompanied in the water by a supervising adult (13 or older).
7. In order to be allowed in the deep end alone, children 6-12 years old must successfully complete the facility swim test by swimming one length of the pool on their front with skill and confidence; which is at the discretion of the lifeguards on duty.
8. If a child aged 6-12 does not successfully complete the swim test, they must be accompanied in the water by an adult (13 or older) who must remain within arms' reach where the child cannot touch.
9. In order to be allowed at the Recreation Centre independently, a child must be at least 9 years old and have successfully completed the swim test.
10. Pets and bikes must be left outside the front gate. Skateboards, roller blades and other wheeled recreational devices are not permitted in the pool area. No running on deck.
11. Please leave the facility tidy; trash, compost and recycling should be carefully disposed of in the proper bins. No glass containers are permitted on the pool deck.