Welcome to our Neighbourhood!
Celebrating 50 Years!
“On August 1, 1967 we moved to Waterloo from Ottawa. Beechwood appealed to us because it was walking distance to U of W and Centennial School (which opened in January '68). At that time, the majority of residents were young families and the Recreation Centre was the meeting place. Within weeks our children, Teresa, 5, and Mike, 3, made many friends, and since we had to accompany them to the pool, our first friendships were formed at the pool. Because of the availability of tennis courts, the family took up tennis and we played for many years. Moving to this community was the best decision that we made; we have enjoyed contributing to the various stages of its growth.” -John and Maria Brzozowski
Recreation Centre Hours
* except Mondays when open swim ends at 7pm (to allow for Waterpolo)
* Part of the pool will be closed from 1-2pm Monday - Friday for the Kids AquaFUN class.
Pool Closing Extended The pool will close for the season after September 8.
- Labour Day weekend (Sat, Sun, Mon): 1:00-8:00pm
- Tue Sep 3 to Fri Sep 6: 4:00-8:00pm
- Sat Sep 7 and Sun Sep 8: 1:00-8:00pm
Read more: https://www.bpha.ca/bphanews/